Please make sure that Skype for Business Secure Chat and Conferencing is enabled for the user you are going to setup. If not then you will need to enable it first. Read our Knowledge Base article on How Do I Enable Skype For Business For A User? for more information.
Download and install Lync mobile app on your device at Google Play Store.
- Launch application and tap Menu on the device.
- Tap Options:
- Insert Username: primary email address of user you are setting up.
- Tap Server settings:
- Uncheck Auto-detect server.
Read the Knowledge Base article on Lync Mobile Auto-Detect Server Feature for instructions on turning Auto-Detect Server feature ON.
- Fill the Internal and External Discovery address with values listed in CONTROL PANEL and My Services:
- for admins: CONTROL PANEL > Services > Skype for Business > Instructions
- for users: My Services > Collaboration & File Management > Skype for Business
Username: primary email address of user you are setting up (should be pre-populated if you have already entered it in Options)
Password: mailbox password
Note: Microsoft implementation of push notifications for Lync makes them impossible in the hosted environment. The issue is to be resolved by Microsoft.